Our children's program will teach your child core values such as discipline and respect. By starting at an early age, they will develop positive habits to last a lifetime. We believe in bringing out the best in your child and have designed our classes to be entertaining and informative.
- Self confidence
- Self control
- Self esteem
- Self discipline
- Respect for adults and for each other
- The value of setting goals and working towards them
- Non-violent techniques in conflict-resolution
- How to overcome a bully or gang situation
- The Taekwon-Do training will channel their energy into their Taekwon-Do skills
- The way the instruction is given and broken down for the child, you will see a great improvement in a matter of weeks.
- The training in Taekwon-Do promotes individual and group activities which will develop,
- Communication skills
- Group interactions/activities.
- Improvement in spartial awareness
- Core stability
- Due to the nature of training a child will develop the ability to perform fast and powerful movements and their reaction speed and awareness will be heightened.
The techniques a child will learn and practice will enable them to deal with any situation and will learn to defend against more than one opponent and against those with knives or sticks.
The power that a Taekwon-Do practitioner develops means even those of a very light or small build will be devastating to any attacker. Even the blocks, due to their power, that are learnt in Taekwon-Do can be used to disable an opponent without even having to strike the opponent back.
There are also a number of effective and simple release techniques to escape from any hold and contry to martial art myth there are many techniques learnt in Taekwon-Do to be used when only inches from the attacker.
At Brighton & Hove Taekwon-Do School a student will learn all aspects of the art and will have the opportunity to train up through the grading syllabus and one day will achieve the accolade of Black Belt.
The grading syllabus that is taught here at Brighton and Hove Taekwon-Do and the grades acheived by each student are recognised by the ITF (International Taekwon-Do Federation) the international governing body of Taekwon-Do across the world and as with other students here at Brighton a student as the opportunity to qualtify for the national team and compete for England in the International Competitions run by the ITF.
|Children 3-5 years:-||Tuesday 5.00-5.30 pm||Balfour Junior School|
|Children 5-11 years:-||Wednesday 3.30-4.30 pm||Downs Junior School|
|Children 5-11 years:-||Thursday 3.40-4.40 pm||Balfour Junior School|
|Children 8-13 years:-||Thursday 4.50-5.50 pm||Balfour Junior School|
|Children 5-11 years:-||Friday 5-6 pm||Balfour Junior School|
|Children 5-11 years:-||Saturday 9.30-10.30 am||University of Brighton Sports Centre, Falmer|
|Children 5-11 years:-||Sunday 4.00-5.15 pm||St Georges Hall, Court Farm road, Hove|
Check out the latest News about Martial Arts in the Brighton Area